Skip to content
- Located in Njambini, Nyandarua County
- First phase of construction completed in 1955 and second in 1968
- Sits on Sasumua River but receives Kibiru and Chania waters
- Storage capacity is 15.9 million m3
- Design yield is 59,000m3/day
- Water from the dam is treated at Sasumua Dam Treatment plant
- Serves Kabete Treatment Works with 60Km water pipeline
- Combined catchment area of the Sasumua, Chania and Kiburu streams is approximately12,800 hectares.
- Contributes approximately 12% of Nairobi’s current water supply.