- Located in Njambini, Nyandarua County.
- First phase of construction completed in 1955 and second in 1968.
- Sits on Sasumua River but receives Kibiru and Chania waters.
- Storage capacity is 15.9 million m3.
- Design yield is 59,000m3/day.
- Water from the dam is treated at Sasumua Dam Treatment plant.
- Serves Kabete Treatment Works with 60Km water pipeline.
- Combined catchment area of the Sasumua, Chania and Kiburu streams is approximately 12,800 hectares.
- Contributes approximately 12% of Nairobi’s current water supply.