- It is the 2nd largest water treatment plant for NCWSC.
- It is situated in Nyandarua County, about 100Km from Nairobi City County.
- Consist of three (3No) treatment works constructed in three phases 1, 2 & 3 between the year 1956, 1961 & 1968 respectively.
- The combined design capacity of the 3 phases of the treatment works is 63,500m3/day (i.e. 2646 m3/hr) and supplies about 11% of the Nairobi City County’s potable water.
Sasumua Phases 1, 2 & 3
- Phase 1 – Built and commissioned in 1956. It has a nominal output of 18,000m3/day (750m3/hr). It has three (3 No) Horizontal clarifiers eight (8) Filter Beds.
- Phase 2 &3 – Constructed and commissioned in 1961 & 1968 to produce an optimal amount of 45,504m3/day (1,896m3/hr) of potable water. It has fourteen (14No) Vertical Clarifiers and fourteen (14 No) Filter Beds