Skip to content
- Located in Ndakaini in Murang’a County
- Completed in 1994 under the Third Nairobi Water Supply Project between 1989 and 1994.
- Designed storage capacity is 70,000,000 m3
- Linked to Chania River by 4KM tunnel which serves Ngethu Water Treatment Works
- Pipeline is 90 Km to Nairobi City
- Catchment area measures 75Km2
- Main rivers that drain into the Dam are Thika, Githika and Kayuyu.
- Water from the dam is treated at Ng’ethu Treatment plant
- Contributes approximately 84% of Nairobi’s current water supply.